6/19/2010

Weddings and roadkill and photo shoots oh my!

SO I just got back from my walk about 10 minutes ago, stopping only for a drink of cold water and to change out of my sweaty clothing because it is so freakin HOT! I just had to write about the most peculiar walk I have ever probably had.
It starts off with my quickly changing into some shorts and a loose tank top (to try to beat the heat) and ends with a sorta strange photo shoot.

So I love to go for a walk everyday...helps me clear my mind and great for getting a little exercise and fresh air. As I made it to the park today I noticed a wedding going on in the park. At first I had no idea what was going on because all I could see were rows of white chairs and bunches of white and purple balloons, then i noticed people all dressed up in suites and dresses (I automatically felt sorry for them all because after all it is HOT). I continued on in my walk, noticing a car with a German flag sticking out of the window; must be for Fifa, or that person really loves Germany...either or it is cool by me.

I continued through the dog park and preparing myself for the grotesque sight that I saw a few days ago of some kind of big water rat/ possum thing that was splattered on the gravel with the organs overflowing our of its furry, brown body. Thankfully it was long gone (feeewww). As I looped around to go back home I noticed a older man probably in his late 50s sitting on the bench in from of the river with a professional Sony camera. I said hello and smiled and continued walking when he stopped me. He asked if it were alright if he took some pictures of me....thinking to myself the worst that could happen with an old man taking pictures of me is me becoming some whack off material I said sure...why not. After all he was friendly...kinda creepy but friendly and had a shiny red bike with a basket on the front of it. I am convinced that bike riders are all good people haha. But I have to laugh because the first thing i noticed when he started to take the pictures of that his fly on is jeans were completely undone.

So he took some photos...ok A LOT of photos lol, mostly in front of a tree (nothing dirty do not worry). When this little photo shoot kept going on and on I asked him if that was all because I was now sweating like a pig about to get made into Easter dinner. He asked me if i ever thought of modeling and I just had to laugh and say no. That is probably one of the furthest occupations on my mind...after aerospace engineer of course.

I was sweaty from my walk and blotchy from the harsh sun on my pale complexion and beyond baffled why some crazy man on a bike would want a picture of me with sweat marks probably running down the armpits of my shirt. But it made him happy and it gave me a good laugh when I got back home.

He told me to meet him tomorrow and he would give me the pictures. I doubt that I will actually go. (me after a long hot walk is not something i want to remember thank you very much) And now I think I have to find a new walking area just in case he does turn out to be a psycho killer!

Morel of the story, there is none actually! I guess it is go out and find your own little old man on a red bike to take your pictures and do not give him your real name like...oh and watch behind you to make sure he is not following you back to your house, that would scare the shit out of me!

I hope you are all enjoying the weekend and the World Cup!!

9 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Your writing is beautiful, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Sam Harvey said...

i must follow you! thank you for entering the sam harvey giveaway. a winner has been chosen already but i would like to extend a discount on the jadite bag from $90.00 to $75.00. i also invite you to follow my sam harvey blog: http://lara-serbin.blogspot.com/

erika sorocco said...

I absolutely adore the way you write - so fun!! :)

Katie said...

You are all so sweet! It is so nice of you :D

E said...

You need to get a big mean dog to take on walks with you. Scary!

Keith said...

That was really cool to read.

Thanks for entering my giveaway. Good luck. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Oh no - definitely find a new walking area, just in case :)

Thank you so much for the comment on my blog!

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

I have a friend who takes pics of roadkill. That's sort of related to this post but not really. Good blog.

Katie said...

hahaha brandy that is great...weirf but great^^